Exclusive offer for domestic students! Free Laptop and $2000 Bursary/Sponsorship*. Contact us now for more information!
Prepare to explore career opportunities as an accounting technician, bookkeeper, budget officer, financial officer and more!
Our 24-month Accounting and Financial Management Technology diploma program introduces you to computerized financial management systems and includes hands-on training in industry-standard software programs. Prepare to explore career opportunities as an accounting technician, bookkeeper, budget officer, financial officer and more!
Our program provides the bookkeeping, administrative and software skills that prepare you to:
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements
- Post journal entries and prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll as well as utilities, taxes and other bills
- Prepare tax returns and perform personal bookkeeping services
- Check the accuracy of invoices and documentation
The employment outlook for accounting professionals in Quebec is strong, with an average wage of $21.25 per hour (Canada Job Bank, NOC 1311). Employment growth due to retirements and other influencing factors will play a large role in the ongoing need for accounting professionals.
Contact Collège Avalon today for more information. Find out how quickly you could be on the path to an exciting, fast-paced new career! This program is available at our Montreal campus in both English and French